LADY HAWKS EXTEND CONFERENCE WIN STREAK
MONTGOMERY, Ala. --- The Huntingdon women’s tennis team extended its win streak against Great South Athletic Conference opponents to 18 consecutive with a 9-0 victory over Piedmont on Wednesday afternoon at the Huntingdon Tennis Courts.
With the win, the Lady Hawks improve to 5-3 on the season, while the Lady Lions fell to 0-3.
Singles winners for Huntingdon were junior Riley Prescott at the No. 1 position, sophomore Kristi McDaniel at the No. 3 spot and freshman Madison Jackson and Christian Vick at the No. 2 and No. 4 position, respectively. Freshman Kayla Heetland and junior Alex Dyer each won by default.
In doubles, the duo of Prescott and Heetland cruised past Jenny Shane and Stephanie Smith, 8-0, at the top spot, while McDaniel and Vick defeated Tyler Baldonado and Jennifer Granlund, 8-2 at the No. 2 position. The third doubles match was awarded to the Lady Hawks via default.
Huntingdon will look to continue its streak on Friday, March 20, when it hosts Agnes Scott at 3 p.m.
1. Riley Prescott/Kayla Heetland (HC) def. Jenny Shane/Stephanie Smith (PC), 8-0
2. Kristi McDaniel/Christian Vick (HC) def. Tyler Baldonado/Jennifer Granlund (PC), 8-2
3. Madison Jackson/Jaclyn Crossman (HC) won via default.
1. Riley Prescott (HC) def. Stephanie Smith (PC), 6-1, 6-0
2. Madison Jackson (HC) def. Jenny Shane (PC), 6-2, 6-2
3. Kristi McDaniel (HC) def. Tyler Baldonado (PC), 6-1, 6-0
4. Christian Vick (HC) def. Jennifer Granlund (PC), 6-3, 6-2
5. Kayla Heetland (HC) won via default.
6. Alex Dyer (HC) won via default.
ABC Montgomery Poll