- 1 cup fresh beans, Blanched (purple hull, black eye peas, or butter beans)
- 1 lime zested
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons Sherry (or red wine)Vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno (or other hot pepper) seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion (or shallot), diced
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn cut off the cob (2 ears)
- 1 nectarine cut into thin wedges
- 1 large orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 Haas avocado, cubed (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan of salted water, look the beans until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the beans and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, lime zest and salt. Add onion, jalapeno, corn, nectarine, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes cucumber and (optional) avocado. Gently fold into the dressing. Refrigerate the 'ceviche' for at least 2 hours. Fold in cilantro just before serving.
- Serve Chilled.
**This can be made the day ahead.
**Great side dish with mild white fish, chicken or pork
Recipe from Fleur De Lis Catering in Montgomery, AL.