Grand Jury Will Hear Case Against Auburn Shooting Suspect
The case against suspected Auburn shooter Desmonte Leonard will now go to a grand jury. Leonard appeared before a judge today. He faces three capital murder charges and two charges of second degree assault.
Wednesday was the first time we've heard witness testimony about what happened at that fatal pool party near Auburn's campus last month. Three were killed, including two former Auburn football players, and three others were wounded.
Desmonte Leonard appeared in an Opelika courtroom wearing a black and white jumpsuit and sitting behind him were close to 30 family members and friends. The 22-year-old suspect and his legal team, for the first time, saw some of the state's evidence against him including surveillance video from the shooting, but no one could be clearly identified.
The prosecution did not offer any comment.
After the hearing, someone who said he's a longtime friend of Leonard's told CBS 8 "it's in God's hands now".
Desmonte Leonard faces three capital murder charges and two second degree assault charges. The two former Auburn football players killed were Ladarious Phillips and Ed Christian, along with Demario Pitts.
ABC Montgomery Poll