More Red Light Cameras Coming to Montgomery Intersections
More cameras will be put up at Montgomery intersections to stop you from running red lights, but some drivers don't like where the money raised from violators will be going.
Cameras are hovering over 14 intersections in Montgomery. They snap a picture when a driver doesn't stop at a red light, and now, cameras will be installed at seven new intersections in the city.
That's why he says more cameras will be popping up. You may have noticed some being installed off the Union Street Exit and at Perry Hill Road and Atlanta Highway.
American Traffic Solutions, a private company, supplies the cameras and collects about $19.50 for every ticket. Many critics are upset that a chunk of the money goes to ATS, which is based in Arizona.
Here is a list of the intersections where the cameras will be placed:
1. Atlanta Highway and Coliseum Blvd.
2. Atlanta Highway and Perry Hill Road/ Dalraida Road
3. Eastern Blvd. and Carmichael Road
4. Eastern Blvd./ U.S. 231 and Lagoon Park Drive/ Plantation Way
5. Troy Highway/ U.S. 231 and Lagoon Park Drive/ Plantation Way
6. Eastern Blvd./ U.S. 231 and East Shirley Lane
7. S.R. 9/ South Union Street and South Street East
ABC Montgomery Poll