Residents were evacuated in the Halcyon subdivision in Montgomery after a gas leak.
Montgomery Fire and Rescue crews told those who lived at 6 different homes on Lexenbourg Drive to leave the area. Residents of other homes were not there at the time of the gas leak. According to Montgomery Fire Lt. K.O. Jones, a construction crew accidentally ruptured the gas line causing a potentially dangerous leak. Also, as a precaution part of Taylor Road in front of the Shoppes at East Chase was shut down during the leak.
The gas line was shut off and residents were able to return to their homes within about 40 minutes.