BREAKING NEWS: Montgomery Man Killed in Fire, Fire Fighter Injured


By Morgan Hightower

A Montgomery man died Thursday night after his home on Avondale Court caught on fire.

The name of the victim, or his age has not yet been released.

A second male was taken from the home and transported to Baptist South with minor injuries.

The woman living in the home wasn't injured.

A firefighter was injured while trying to put out the blaze.

"We had a fire fighter transported to Jackson Hospital with minor injuries. He had burns on his hands and his ears but we believe he will be fine," said Assistant Chief William Davis.

Authorities believe the fire started in a bedroom but haven't determined a cause.

Although still under investigation, Davis said the fire appears to have been accidental.

Add a comment


Comment: 1000 Characters Left

WNCF and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. Comments are posted on site immediately and without station moderation. If you feel a comment is inappropriate you may flag it for review. For guidelines on flagging comments see our Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.