Man Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Talladega

Tools

By Alabama News Network

Sad news out of Talladega as thousands of fans flocked there for the NASCAR races this weekend.

Talladega County authorities say a Tennessee man has died of carbon monoxide poisoning. According to local officials, the man and his wife were found unconscious inside their motor home yesterday.

They had been camping out at the Talladega Super Speedway for the race. Officials believe the couple was using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the exhaust system.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and his wife is still in a Birmingham hospital. Their identities have not been released.

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 1000 Characters Left

WNCF and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. Comments are posted on site immediately and without station moderation. If you feel a comment is inappropriate you may flag it for review. For guidelines on flagging comments see our Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.